» UW-XVII - Week-2 Results
Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:08 pm by Sleazee P Martinee

Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:14 pm by Dux Mortalitas

Shield Rushes

Go down

Shield Rushes

Post  Vic Vegas on Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:00 am

posted by MODOFO on 11-06-2010:

I have a question for you veterans.  What skill(s) governs shield rushes?  I am running a dual-target dwarf with master in target shield, and he misses his shield rushes about 75% of the time.  He probably attempts them 25% of the time, so that means nearly 20% of his attacks are missed shield rushes.  When they knock a foe down it is pretty nice, but with that miss percentage I think he would do better if he never attempted one.

I did train a few ranks in sweep just to see if it helped, but haven't noticed any difference.  He is a slow trainer so I don't want to waste a bunch of trains.  Does sweep skill help shield rushes?  He does run some pretty defensive (low attack) styles which might also be affecting its hit percentage.

What about charge?  Is charge only used for polearms?

Yes, charge also works for shields. Personally, I enjoy shield rushes when they come off properly, but as you pointed out, they often do not. The thing to remember about shield rushes is that they are undefendable, so in order to keep game balance they have to no work all that often I suppose.
Dux is the shieldmaster.  Check out the new 50 fight record holder.  Ouch.
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum