» Temporary Email Service (avoid spam!)
Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:56 pm by Vic Vegas

» Tournament Suggestion
Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:47 pm by Vic Vegas

» Stilettoeer Check-In
Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:23 am by Vic Vegas

» DUX'S HALL OF RECORDS
Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:28 am by Dux Mortalitas

» What strategies are you experimenting with?
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:35 pm by Vic Vegas

» New Dead Elf
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:34 am by Vic Vegas

» Unmitigated Brutality 2 Contest Winner
Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:31 pm by Vic Vegas

Poll

Weapon Upgrades

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weapon Upgrades

Post  Vic Vegas on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:00 pm

There seems to be a gap in the variety of axes between francisca and battle-axe.  Going from weight 3.8 to 7.5.  Contrast this with swords, where in the range of the axe-gap you see, broad sword, scimitar, longsword and bast*rd sword.  FOUR weapons.  Dag.  

So, what axe can we find that is between the weights of 3.8 and 7.5?  After doing a bit of searching (I'm not an axe-master or anything) I found the Broad Axe https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadaxe, which for all intents and purposes could be compared to a single bladed battle-axe with a handle too long for throwing (the francisca was a clumsy throwing weapon, pitching end over end in an almost random, hurly-burly fashion.  Good when you have a field of foes running at you, not so good for hitting a bullseye).  The broad axe could have a weight of 5.

Then there's the Sparh Axe http://www.kultofathena.com/images/POAASPAR_l.jpg which is similar to a pole axe, except it doesn't have the spike on top, and has a much larger axe-head (good for slash and cleave attacks).  This could be a 6.5 weight weapon.

Well, there's two ideas that fit neatly within the gap.  There are plenty of axes out there, that's for sure.

vV
Vic Vegas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Re: Weapon Upgrades

Post  Lelu Dallas on Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:23 pm

Well I just found out VIC is mailing KEEPER and that this thread is one being linked to him. So in hopes that KEEPER both might read this and take it seriously:

New weapons I'd like to see in the game:

Sai - would be like dagger or stiletto but would have a parry bonus

Katana - we all know what a Katana is. quicker and lighter than broad sword maybe. possibly bigger than short sword but still Martial Arts compatible?

Kusarigama - a blade on chain, Japanese. Very cool weapon.. not sure if the activity lines exist to make this an easy insert into the Pitt, but it's a rad idea.

Naginata - Japanese pole blade weapon, similar to a glaive.

Bladed shield - maybe less blocking ability , but more attack damage from shield rushes

A smaller version of Ball & Chain - to bring back the B&C Hling!!

Great Scythe or Sickle - Grim reaper version of the scythe, two handed higher damage.

I also think it might be fun to design a few new fighting styles or races, but weapons seem like the easiest inserts.

Anywhoodles hope somebody likes my ideas and advocates for them!
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:03 pm

Sai sounds great and I think a weight of 1.8 would work.as for the Kasurigama, maybe weight 7? I'm not familiar with that weapon.

While I like the idea of adding some japanese swords to the blades category, it seem that we might have enough swords for the time being, with longsword and scimitar having been introduced in the last batch of new weapons.

I think a grim reaper scythe would be quite fun. Like a great staff, but with a blade clamped on the end. Let's see, a great staff weighs 7.5 and a quarterstaff is 4.0. Perhaps the grim scythe could be weight 6?

The bladed shield could easily be stuck in between the existing shield weights of 3.2, 5.2, & 7.2. maybe two versions of it, big and small, or just keep it simple and go 4.2 weight and call it a day.

When you say smaller b&c... how much smaller? B&C weighs 8.5, thought it seems like it weighs 80.5. I'm thinking a smaller version that is so small, you can't sweep with it. Like weight 3.5, which puts it around a flail's weight. Another thought would be a 5.5 weight, sweep capable version, putting it .1 under bladed flail for weight, which seems more logical. I see to recall some kind of weapon on the end of a line, in one of the Kill Bill movies, that was pretty fast, and not at all like the current B&C.

Oh, yes, the Kusarigama, that can be the 3.5ish weight weapon, and the mini B&C can be 5.5ish.

What weight are you thinking for the naginata? From what I can gather, it would be bigger than the Halberd. Weight 10? Like, holy cow, that's insanely heavy. I think the halberd works as the heaviest weapon in the game.

Vic Vegas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelu Dallas on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:13 pm

I sort of think Naginata could even be lighter than Halberd. It is lightweight wood for the staff part.

When I think Halberd or Poleaxe I think of the pole part being metal as well.

I guess we all have different ideas of which version of these weapons our gladiators are using.

But I advocate 5.5 weight size of B&C so a 17 STR Hling could use it

=]

I'm also cool with a single size of bladed shield. Weight of that that one is less important to me. It could be same weight as target, but with less Parry bonus, more Dam bonus.
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelu Dallas on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:13 pm

Yeah in Kill Bill she fights with a ball & chain. Very small iron ball, long chain. Still very effective for trips and and actually entangles as well.
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top