Latest topics
» Client error
Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:03 pm by Vic Vegas

» Long climb to the top
Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:04 pm by Vic Vegas

» APPLE NEWTON (189-111-14) vs SPLINTER (174-27-6)
Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:44 pm by Vic Vegas

» Vic Vegas Scorecard
Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:50 pm by Vic Vegas

» TAS(4) (Sliv) 124-108-9 Human - Warhammer
Sun May 28, 2017 10:55 pm by Vic Vegas

» HIROI (Dux Mortalitas) 120-45-4 Elf - Boar Spear
Sun May 28, 2017 10:53 pm by Vic Vegas

» SPLINTER (Dux Mortalitas) 174-27-6 Dwarf - Trident/Tower Shield
Sun May 28, 2017 11:28 am by Dux Mortalitas

» Krell'Dak 98-68-2 vs TAS
Sat May 27, 2017 10:19 pm by Vic Vegas

» FASCIST (153-77-5 ) vs HIROI
Sat May 27, 2017 10:09 pm by Palor

Poll

Retiring Warriors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Retiring Warriors

Post  Cam_ on Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:01 am

Just browsing the newsletter and the retired warrior section got me thinking.

Does anyone do this? or is it a monster challenge or death?

Top retired warriors don't have a hall of fame slot do they?

Is it just a managers way of honouring their guy/gal ?
Cam_
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Re: Retiring Warriors

Post  Vic Vegas on Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:40 am

There was a thread that was maintained on the original Pitt that held the names of every retired gladiator.

I retired one warrior once just so I could say I did it, but now all go to the monsters if they live long enough.

vV
Vic Vegas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  sliv on Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:08 pm

Never retired anyone and probably never will! Don't see the point. Death or glory for all my warriors, just been death so far though!

sliv
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas on Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:19 pm

If memory serves, it was a broadsword halfling that I retired. She was getting pummeled by everyone around her and there was no way she could have become a monster. She had become a dead weight in my stables, so I put her to pasture.

vV
Vic Vegas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Cam_ on Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:05 am

Vic Vegas wrote:There was a thread that was maintained on the original Pitt that held the names of every retired gladiator.

I retired one warrior once just so I could say I did it, but now all go to the monsters if they live long enough.

vV

I might have been worth it once then to make the list I suppose. Oh well just another part of the game that in now defunked. Game needs some TLC.
Cam_
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas on Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:51 am

Cam_ wrote:Game  needs some TLC.

Amen, brother!  In some ways, Blood Pit is like a cult; with followers scattered all over the globe.

I find myself feeling protective of Blood Pit.

We must all protect the Pit.  Repeat after me.

vV
Vic Vegas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Dux Mortalitas on Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:50 am

The list is here on PITT in BLOOD PRESSURE (page #2).

http://bloodpit.forumotion.com/t37-bloodpit-retiree-list

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas on Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:24 pm

And it looks like the list needs to be updated. Thanks Dux, I wasn't sure where it was located here.
Vic Vegas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Cam_ on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:36 am

Dux Mortalitas wrote:The list is here on PITT in BLOOD PRESSURE (page #2).

http://bloodpit.forumotion.com/t37-bloodpit-retiree-list

woot, some good records amongst that list. wonder why they never tried for a monster?
Cam_
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Dux Mortalitas on Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:38 pm

The code did not allow for a monster to be beaten until relatively recently in BP history (maybe last 10 years). So some of the warriors on that list retired before beating a monster was possible.

Here are the warriors that I know had no choice but to retire:
SGT. SCHULTZ 167-49-10 Dwarf male 225 Nads
SULU 136-79-11 Half-elf male 225 Nads
MASHER 85-56-7 Dwarf male 225 Nads
KILL OR BE KILLED 91-36-3 Elf male 225 Nads
VICIOUSNESS 133-67-7 Elf female 221 Duke

After VICIOUSNESS retired, the monster code was changed to make them killable.

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas on Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:35 pm

Ah, I wasn't aware that the code had been changed. I thought it was in there the whole time and nobody had sent a sufficiently badass warrior to take on a monster.
Vic Vegas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Dux Mortalitas on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:07 pm

Vic Vegas wrote:Ah, I wasn't aware that the code had been changed.  I thought it was in there the whole time and nobody had sent a sufficiently badass warrior to take on a monster.

No, there was a time when Keeper and I exchanged e-mails regarding the human perm-resistance bug and other things like how rankings outta work, etc. During that exchange, I passed on the Monsters should be killable and replaceable by player warriors. To my surprise he actually acted on that one!

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Cam_ on Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:06 pm

Dux Mortalitas wrote:The code did not allow for a monster to be beaten until relatively recently in BP history (maybe last 10 years). So some of the warriors on that list retired before beating a monster was possible.

Here are the warriors that I know had no choice but to retire:
SGT. SCHULTZ         167-49-10     Dwarf       male       225          Nads
SULU                 136-79-11     Half-elf    male       225          Nads
MASHER                85-56-7      Dwarf       male       225          Nads
KILL OR BE KILLED     91-36-3      Elf         male       225          Nads
VICIOUSNESS          133-67-7      Elf         female     221          Duke

After VICIOUSNESS retired, the monster code was changed to make them killable.

Ah, very interesting Dux. That was def a very good code change, prob one of the best!
Cam_
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas on Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:53 am

Dux Mortalitas wrote:No, there was a time when Keeper and I exchanged e-mails regarding the human perm-resistance bug and other things like how rankings outta work, etc. During that exchange, I passed on the Monsters should be killable and replaceable by player warriors. To my surprise he actually acted on that one!

Oh, sweet!  Yeah, that change really helped the game dynamics.  Talk about having long-term goals for a gladiator!  Otherwise, you fight and fight and win and win and kill and kill... for what?  To simply walk off the pages of history?  Monster-making is an awesome way for a gladiator to prove his dominance (I'm lookin' at you Lord Darius!").
Vic Vegas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  D-man on Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:51 pm

I used to maintain the retiree list on the old Pitt Forum in the "Shady Pines Rest Home" thread. I always thought there should at least be a list of them somewhere, rather than having them just disappear from history. When that Pitt forum was lost, I just gave up on it. That list on the link above isn't quite right. I never retired Fredrick Sandwichson, Dux killed him.

Retirement wasn't always an option. It may have been available in the ancient days, but then it was taken out for a long time. It was then added in when the current BP Client was created. There were quite a few retirees at first, then like Dux said, once people started killing monsters nobody really considers retirement anymore.

I've always thought there should be some kind of perk for retirement to make it interesting. Like having them sit in a reserve slot as an option to bring them back someday instead of using a rollup or something.

D-man
Meat
Meat

Back to top Go down

Post  Cam_ on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:23 pm

D-man wrote:I used to maintain the retiree list on the old Pitt Forum in the "Shady Pines Rest Home" thread. I always thought there should at least be a list of them somewhere, rather than having them just disappear from history. When that Pitt forum was lost, I just gave up on it. That list on the link above isn't quite right. I never retired Fredrick Sandwichson, Dux killed him.

Retirement wasn't always an option. It may have been available in the ancient days, but then it was taken out for a long time. It was then added in when the current BP Client was created. There were quite a few retirees at first, then like Dux said, once people started killing monsters nobody really considers retirement anymore.

I've always thought there should be some kind of perk for retirement to make it interesting. Like having them sit in a reserve slot as an option to bring them back someday instead of using a rollup or something.

The perk sounds like a good idea. Imagine a Shady pines rest home tourney with all the retired warriors entered. That would be an incentive to retire some decent warriors that were not quite good enough for a monster shot!!
Cam_
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:04 pm

Cam_ wrote:The perk sounds like a good idea. Imagine a Shady pines rest home tourney with all the retired warriors entered. That would be an incentive to retire some decent warriors that were not quite good enough for a monster shot!!

A retirement tourney sounds fun! I love the idea.

vV
Vic Vegas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top