PITT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

What do you think is the best overall race in Bloodpit?

APPLE NEWTON Training Question Vote_lcap15%APPLE NEWTON Training Question Vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
APPLE NEWTON Training Question Vote_lcap15%APPLE NEWTON Training Question Vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
APPLE NEWTON Training Question Vote_lcap8%APPLE NEWTON Training Question Vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
APPLE NEWTON Training Question Vote_lcap31%APPLE NEWTON Training Question Vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

Latest topics
» UW XXIII Week 6 Results
APPLE NEWTON Training Question EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 5:51 pm by Vic Vegas

» Turn is running
APPLE NEWTON Training Question EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 11:04 am by Vic Vegas

» AI Music Abuse
APPLE NEWTON Training Question EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 11:03 am by Vic Vegas

» UW XXIII Week 5 Results
APPLE NEWTON Training Question EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 11:46 pm by Klagrok

» AROMA THE UNSAVORY (FRANK THE TANK) 206-97-8 Dwarf - Javelin
APPLE NEWTON Training Question EmptyThu Mar 21, 2024 10:59 pm by Klagrok

» UW XXIII Week 4 Results
APPLE NEWTON Training Question EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 10:42 am by Vic Vegas

» More fixes from the Keeper!
APPLE NEWTON Training Question EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 3:59 pm by Vic Vegas

» UW XXIII Week 3 Results
APPLE NEWTON Training Question EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 10:08 pm by Klagrok

» Arena Statistics
APPLE NEWTON Training Question EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 4:00 pm by Vic Vegas

APPLE NEWTON Training Question

4 posters

Go down

APPLE NEWTON Training Question Empty APPLE NEWTON Training Question

Post  Vic Vegas Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:53 pm

My tiny freak just keeps on training.  He's been all skilled up forever, adding throw recently just for giggles.  I'm super happy with his weapon.  His stats are almost maxed out.  He just hit 25-25-25-24-14-3 this week, with next week being his first at genius int.  Obviously, I'm aiming for 25 int.  But... what to do after?  Pre?  That seems kind of silly, but I'd like to get your thoughts.  His stats are up 8-7-11-12-7.

He could just start mastering other weapons in case he gets disarmed, increasing the number of good pickups at his disposal.  His fights tend to be short due to either his brutal hits or his low number of hit points.  

There are some mighty fine warriors at the top right now.  Several of whom could be monsters (I see low hanging fruit in the monster lineup), but most will likely fall in singles combat.  There's nothing like the smell of exploded perms in the morning. I have APPLE out to get his 12th kill. Beware.

vV
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

APPLE NEWTON Training Question Empty Re: APPLE NEWTON Training Question

Post  Lelu Dallas Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:27 pm

PRE has it's uses.
Lelu Dallas
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Modofo Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:25 pm

Have you ever thought about tossing something? Not sure I would recommend it, but who knows.
Modofo
Modofo
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:25 pm

Well, he is a master in throw -- just not with any throwable weapons. I would think his 25 str/dex could make for some nuclear missile launches. As boar spear is the heaviest throwable weapon, it seems like an appropriate one to master.
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelu Dallas Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:33 pm

Go for it. Blatantly demonstrate the boar spear dwarf bug with a starting throw.

=]
Lelu Dallas
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Dux Mortalitas Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:09 am

Yeah, any kill with BS in Apple's inventory could not be counted in the Hall, could it?

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:13 pm

Dux, you mentioned that it would be okay for a dwarf to throw a boar spear at the beginning and then switch to other weapons. So, would not a thrown boar spear perm pop count as a kill?

What if a dwarf gets disarmed of his non-bs weapons and picks up a boar spear and either gets a perm pop or an old fashioned murder?
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Dux Mortalitas Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:39 pm

Vic Vegas wrote:Dux, you mentioned that it would be okay for a dwarf to throw a boar spear at the beginning and then switch to other weapons.  So, would not a thrown boar spear perm pop count as a kill?

What if a dwarf gets disarmed of his non-bs weapons and picks up a boar spear and either gets a perm pop or an old fashioned murder?  

My apologies, but I have no recollection of that. I don't doubt that I might have said that, but was it ever made official here in DhoR? If not then I never came to a final decision on it, so it's still against the rules for DHoR. At least right now, I feel it is an issue of intent. If a dwarf is disarmed and picks up a BS and gets a kill, that is beyond manager control, so it is fine. The manager does choose which weapons a warriors starts with though, and that is the sticking point. Furthermore, I have often had throwing warriors fight with their weapons a bit before throwing them even though the strat was set to throw. Dwarves and BS is a no go in my opinion, but I am not running this show any more, so I guess you will need to reach your own decision on this topic and make it official in the rules one way or the other.

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelu Dallas Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:30 am

I am just starting to test the bug out now, with one TK BS Dwarf and one CS BS Dwarf. My last couple attempts at using that combo fizzled out and I did not see it as a legitimate exploit.

But I also think that if you use a BS to throw at the start of a fight with Master in BS, Throw AND you're a dwarf? And the rule is: Dwarf's who use BS don't qualify for DHoR? Then sorry but I have to say no.

Also it is "DUX's" HoR right?

Even if he is mostly retired now.
Lelu Dallas
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:27 am

Rather late in my reply, but yeah, I'd have to agree that a dwarf starting out with a bs means that fight is disqualified, or, the whole warrior is, if he is a pure bs dwarf from the beginning.

I recently ran a bs dwarf who was monstered with a 50% record and he never once delivered a perm or got a kill.  I'm not suggesting people start running bs dwarves, but I don't think they have the same effect that they used to.  This appears to be an issue that Keeper fixed.  Whew!  Yay!

Lelu, your DENTON CRENSHAW was perfect evidence.  With that build, he should have had at least 8 kills, had he been around years ago when mighty str + boar spear + dwarf meant unmitigated brutality.  He only had one potential perm hit in his last fight against SPINNER OF SORROW, which is crazy, considering the racial bonus thrown into the mix.

Gone are the days of 44-2-5 bs dwarves as evidenced here:

http://bloodpit.boardhost.com/msg/1438506334/?

And further still, no more 44-0-5 beasts stalking the arena.

http://bloodpit.boardhost.com/msg/1578133729/?
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down