PITT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

What do you think is the best overall race in Bloodpit?

Swordbreakers? - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Swordbreakers? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Swordbreakers? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Swordbreakers? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Swordbreakers? - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%Swordbreakers? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

Latest topics
» AI Music Abuse
Swordbreakers? - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:58 am by Vic Vegas

» More fixes from the Keeper!
Swordbreakers? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 2:03 pm by Klagrok

» DALL-E mini
Swordbreakers? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 1:43 am by Vic Vegas

» UW XXIII Week 9 Results
Swordbreakers? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 10:33 am by Klagrok

» UW XXIII Week 8 Results
Swordbreakers? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:50 pm by Vic Vegas

» UW XXIII Week 7 Results
Swordbreakers? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 3:26 am by Vic Vegas

» UW XXIII Week 6 Results
Swordbreakers? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 5:51 pm by Vic Vegas

» Turn is running
Swordbreakers? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 11:04 am by Vic Vegas

» UW XXIII Week 5 Results
Swordbreakers? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 11:46 pm by Klagrok

Swordbreakers?

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Swordbreakers? - Page 2 Empty Re: Swordbreakers?

Post  Vic Vegas Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:49 pm

No, he does not run gladiators any more. For all intents and purposes, let's just assume that we are working with what we've got, and there's no sense in thinking about anything changing.
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelu Dallas Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:51 pm

Fair enough, Though I have seen some really cool suggestions on this forum. Just sayin.
Lelu Dallas
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:01 pm

I started some threads to catalog ideas with the thought that it would be handy to have them all in one space. I am, at heart, an optimistic person. However, when juggling a bunch of newb gladiators and dipping your toe in the pool (in your case) it is best to be a pragmatist, and just work with the current system, so you are not hampered by thoughts of potential future changes.
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelu Dallas Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:11 pm

For sure. But having read all this forum intensively the last few weeks, I have seen the suggestions made, so it is something I bring up.
Lelu Dallas
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:04 pm

I should reword my previous statement from "potential future changes" to "imagined future changes".
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  firebird Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:14 pm

Back on topic: swordbreaker
I found the swordbreaker works well with calculated attack or decoy.  I shattered my first weapon with a 6 strength and only one train on my second round with La Fenice.  His damage didn't pick up until I got him to a 10 strength.  Since mastering his weapon, he has shattered every blade from a stiletto to a great sword.  He even shattered a scythe and another swordbreaker.

Training wise, Speed is important, so initiative.  Decoy requires Feint.  And disarm and parry make shattering a little easier.  Above though, mastering it is required.  I didn't shatter my first great sword until I mastered it.  

It is a 10+ strength weapon in my opinion.  Anything less is just disappointing.

La Fenice started out as a first team warrior:  4-19-19-12-9-8
Now he's a respectable one at 12-25-25-20-13-8
Is mastered (9) in Swordbreaker
Has excellent skill (6) in Dodge
Has very good skill (5) in Parry
Has excellent skill (6) in Lunge
Has excellent skill (6) in Disarm
Has incredible skill (8) in Initiative
Has excellent skill (6) in Feint
Has some skill (2) in Brawl
firebird
firebird
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelu Dallas Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:27 pm

May I ask the race/record of that guy?

Also do you use Swordbreaker in each hand?

I was disuaded from using swordbreaker based on the premise that very few upper echelon warriors in this pit use swords.
Lelu Dallas
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:27 pm

The sword breaker does less damage than the short sword and is not nearly as fast. On those rare opportunities that you find yourself against someone with a blade that can be shattered, they might skewer you to pieces before you have the joy of wrecking their weapon.
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  firebird Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:35 pm

La Fenice is a half-elf with a record of 45-38-2. He uses a sword breaker in each hand with one as back-up. He needs that many. one fight saw one shatter from a parry, then another was disarmed. That fight saw almost every weapon from the two combatants disarmed or shattered. It also showed that a swordbreaker can be shattered by a swordbreaker... my opponent picked up my disarmed blade which La Fenice promptly shattered.

Vic is right, it does less damage than a short sword, yet it for me is truly entertaining to see an opponent armed with three stilettos try to use a great sword for everything he walked in was shattered.
firebird
firebird
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cam_ Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:07 am

firebird wrote:La Fenice is a half-elf with a record of 45-38-2.  He uses a sword breaker in each hand with one as back-up.  He needs that many.  one fight saw one shatter from a parry, then another was disarmed.  That fight saw almost every weapon from the two combatants disarmed or shattered.  It also showed that a swordbreaker can be shattered by a swordbreaker... my opponent picked up my disarmed blade which La Fenice promptly shattered.

Vic is right, it does less damage than a short sword, yet it for me is truly entertaining to see an opponent armed with three stilettos try to use a great sword for everything he walked in was shattered.

Very Happy sounds like a fun fight to read, I always thought they were a bit slow and cumbersome so I have never really used them. I would have to get trained up in the weapon first then might give one of my fast guys a go with one. well done with the winning record with them.
Cam_
Cam_
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  firebird Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:39 pm

The main disadvantage of them is that they truly don'y shine unless the opponent is using a bladed weapon. The direct result of it is that I am always on the hunt to find a blade user.
firebird
firebird
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cam_ Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:59 pm

yeah,and with all the pointy weapons getting used out there you would have to find and challenge bladed warriors.
Cam_
Cam_
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:02 pm

And just be careful when challenging around, or you might piss off an experienced manager and get pounded.
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  firebird Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:22 pm

I haven't a clue what you are talking about, Vic.  It is not like I killed Mad Havoc at all and then survived a fight with Draz the flesh miner...oh wait, I did....with relish. Very Happy

Modofo, just playing with you.

But really, how do you expect to improve in this game if you play on the sidelines the entire time? I welcome the challenge and expect it. This is not to boast of my great ability. I claim no great skill, but i want to learn better ways to play this game so I challenge up usually to see what makes a better warrior.
firebird
firebird
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:59 pm

As I have several gladiators constantly challenging boar spear dwarves, I'm not looking to get into a challenge war, as then it would free up those dwarves to wreak havoc in the pit.
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  firebird Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:37 am

Funny that, I once ran a team of all dwarves with boar spears.  They were useless so I discontinued them.  Have fun on your BS dwarves hunt.  I will challenge up only occasionally on you so as to not too distract your hunting.
firebird
firebird
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum