Latest topics
» DUX'S HALL OF RECORDS
Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:28 am by Dux Mortalitas

» What strategies are you experimenting with?
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:35 pm by Vic Vegas

» New Dead Elf
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:34 am by Vic Vegas

» Unmitigated Brutality 2 Contest Winner
Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:31 pm by Vic Vegas

» EVIL MAC V APPLE NEWTON
Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:01 pm by Dux Mortalitas

» DHUG DASH vs. KRELL'DAK
Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:59 pm by Dux Mortalitas

» Friendly Advice
Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:01 am by Lelu Dallas

» Client error
Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:56 pm by Lelu Dallas

» Long climb to the top
Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:04 pm by Vic Vegas

Poll

Stilettoeer Check-In

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stilettoeer Check-In

Post  Vic Vegas on Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:21 pm

So it has been about a year since I made a big deal about the stiletto and it appears that the pit is now littered with needles, like medical waste on a beach.

My stilettoeer EVISCETRYX is doing quite well, as he is the result of years of tweaking stats and strats and trains. I've historically been going elf elf elf with mine, but I've been seeing quite a few halflings with the weapons, in addition to some humans and helves. I had a horc that was to run with 'em but I got convinced to give him a flail instead, and now he's dead after 4 weeks of life.

This design was made to counter the dominance of CS builds that had been flooding the arena for several years, and if nothing else, it seems to have cut down on the number of CSers if not just for the fact that people are experimenting with the stiletto.

Clearly the next big thing needs to be an effective counter to the stilettoeer. Has anyone had any particular trouble with their stilettoeers when facing a type of opponent? Maybe this is where the buckler can come into play. Useless against all others, but fast enough to parry stiletto lunges. heheheheh

Can you imagine an arena filled with triple buckler and triple stiletto warriors? bwahahahahahhahahha
Vic Vegas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Re: Stilettoeer Check-In

Post  Lelu Dallas on Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:26 pm

No I don't find any particular weapons that counter stiletto, but I do think I fare worse with them against certain strategies perhaps.
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

My try

Post  Fusion on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:37 am

I have 4 now, 3 of which are Halflings. 2 Hlings are around 60 fights and the other 2 are newbies. Of my older guys the bigger, size 14, Trog, has a way better record than the size 5, Soneofabish, likely just because you take some shots running Calc Attack, though he also has a higher Dex. So far their weakness seems to be the weakness of CA; if you're faster than me, I'll get smooshed. I need to move into some other styles with them but my few forays away from CA fell pretty flat so far.

Fusion
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas on Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:21 pm

Give wall of steel a try and watch those needles fly!!!

I haven't tried TK with 'em.

Be sure to check out the exploits of gPleb5 over on Smacktalk in the Public Gladiator tab. He lived just over 50 fights with some weird stats, but it might give you some ideas.
Vic Vegas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Hmmm

Post  Fusion on Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:47 pm

Maybe I'll try a little TK with the Halfers; I tend to think WS doesn't work great with Halflings, though at this point I can't really remember if that's an imagination bias of mine or an observational one Razz I always want them to lunge.

Fusion
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas on Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:18 pm

I have one halfling using a stiletto and he's kind of a freak. High str/con/int coupled with low dex. Definitely not a stilettoeer build.
Vic Vegas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:17 pm

Another fun thing to try is a stiletto/shield combo. I've had best luck with elves and target shields (73-36-5, 27-9-2), but I'm also trying human (16-10-0 tower), halfling (46-34-1 tower) and horc (1-0-0 target).

This rollup seems a bit more murdery than my standard stilettoeer build, but that could be due to the higher str needed for the shield. FLAVOR OF PAIN is my most murderous stilettoeer at 4 kills in 84 fights, but that might also be due to her (sort of) high starting pre of 9.
Vic Vegas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelu Dallas on Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:37 pm

WoS is very effective with Stiletto. So is CA though.

Just now starting to use Lunge with them, maybe Decoy soon.
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas on Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:15 am

A high dex elf running WoS with stilettos tends to ruin opponents. The increased attack rate from WoS, combined with the insane speed of the stiletto, and having a higher dex than your opponent, can make for some pretty quick fights.

I even tried slash for a bit... winning more than losing and delivering some perms along the way. Stilettos -almost- make slash viable again. KETSCH with his stiletto/target shield had the best luck with slash, though he's moved on from it now. He ran it as his primary, opening strategy for about 25 weeks somewhere around 60ish to 80ish fights, after amassing a good number of skills.
Vic Vegas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelu Dallas on Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:57 pm

I find it highly likely that both stiletto and scythe are included on elves racial bonus list. Based on my observations so far.
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:30 am

I've been thinking I need to get another scythe elf running after our conversations and seeing what a badass Fusion's FALLOUT is.

Scythe is super great for disarming and just like the stiletto, it has an armor punching ability.
Vic Vegas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top