PITT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

What do you think is the best overall race in Bloodpit?

Rollup Question Vote_lcap15%Rollup Question Vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Rollup Question Vote_lcap8%Rollup Question Vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Rollup Question Vote_lcap31%Rollup Question Vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

Latest topics
» DUX'S HALL OF RECORDS
Rollup Question EmptySun May 05, 2024 8:33 pm by Vic Vegas

» UW XXIII is over!!
Rollup Question EmptySun May 05, 2024 7:45 pm by Modofo

» Blood Pit Memes
Rollup Question EmptyThu May 02, 2024 6:07 pm by Vic Vegas

» Where oh where has Ilneval been???
Rollup Question EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 5:31 pm by Vic Vegas

» UW XXIII Week 11 Results
Rollup Question EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 10:45 am by Klagrok

» ODYSSEUS Monster fight
Rollup Question EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 2:23 pm by sliv

» UW XXIII Week 10 Results
Rollup Question EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 3:49 pm by Vic Vegas

» Good Luck ODYSSEUS!
Rollup Question EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 3:33 pm by Klagrok

» UW XXIII Week 9 Results
Rollup Question EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 12:59 pm by Vic Vegas

Rollup Question

+2
Sleazee P Martinee
Vic Vegas
6 posters

Go down

Rollup Question Empty Rollup Question

Post  Vic Vegas Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:44 pm

What would you make if you had these final numbers for a rollup?  I don't have a rollup that can make this.  This is purely hypothetical, to get the juices flowing.  I already know what I would make with this, and it would be very fun, indeed.  I have an idea what Klag would make, and a sneaking suspicious what Modofo might say.  I'd love to hear from Sliv and Lord Dragon.

15-15-12-12-3-14
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Rollup Question Empty Re: Rollup Question

Post  Sleazee P Martinee Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:37 am

I'd consider making that roll-up a Scythe Elf.

Although I'm kind of in a large Elf stage right now. What a Face
Sleazee P Martinee
Sleazee P Martinee
Pit God
Pit God

Vic Vegas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Klagrok Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:49 pm

Too smart for me Very Happy.  Dwarf or Half Orc or Human for me.  Dang VIC. I see lotsa possibilities with that one, especially once you get +5 in the money stats.  Actually I lied:   I see Elf, Halfling and Half Elf roll ups spinning in my head now as well.
Klagrok
Klagrok
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:39 pm

Klagrok wrote:Too smart for me Very Happy.  Dwarf or Half Orc or Human for me.  Dang VIC. I see lotsa possibilities with that one, especially once you get +5 in the money stats.  Actually I lied:   I see Elf, Halfling and Half Elf roll ups spinning in my head now as well.
Yeah, but what weapons?
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Klagrok Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:11 pm

Why lots! Boar spear, quarterstaff and small pick for sure.  A little low in STR and DEX for my usual military pick, but could still work.  But with that CON, probably a Half Orc or Dwarf pick user of some type.
Klagrok
Klagrok
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelu Dallas Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:11 pm

First, it's nice to see my large elf build picked up by Sleazee 4 years later. Works best with Javelin & 20+ DEX

Second

15-15-12-12-3-14

Klag is right too smart, but I'll keep any 3 PRE unless it was paired with 25 SIZ and 3 CON maybe.

Boarspear Helf , Quarterstaff Hling, Scythe elf would work too, however IMHO anyone with SIZ over 12 should use a weapon that works with Charge or be a Horc that is using a flail of some sort. To me the name of the game is maxing out your skills in a way that maxes out racial/stat advantages. 6 SIZ? Make it a Hling and train Dodge to 9 in under 20 fights.
Lelu Dallas
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Vic Vegas and Klagrok like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:48 pm

These stats are the 3 pre, tweaked version of one that I ran a while back.
15-14-12-12-5-13
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Sleazee P Martinee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:21 pm

Vic Vegas wrote:These stats are the 3 pre, tweaked version of one that I ran a while back.
15-14-12-12-5-13
ELSELITHA             42-18-1 (T921) [stiletto/target shield horc]

The last short horc I ran/will run.  I think her lack of size contributed to her solo kill.

Though having the tiniest weapon in her hands didn't exactly help, either.  But she was a fun read!
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  sliv Sat May 06, 2023 8:55 am

Vic Vegas wrote:What would you make if you had these final numbers for a rollup?  I don't have a rollup that can make this.  This is purely hypothetical, to get the juices flowing.  I already know what I would make with this, and it would be very fun, indeed.  I have an idea what Klag would make, and a sneaking suspicious what Modofo might say.  I'd love to hear from Sliv and Lord Dragon.

15-15-12-12-3-14

A Half Orc with a War Flail would bring a few kills from this roll out! I
I might even be tempted to go for a dual short sword Elf, though his con might be to low for that one!
Maybe a Dwarf with a trident?
Or a human with a Mace!
sliv
sliv
Manager
Manager

Vic Vegas, Klagrok and Cam_ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Klagrok Sat May 06, 2023 9:41 am

Come on CAM! I just saw you logged in! Welcome back! VIC, I would probably do the Half elf boarspear.  Haven’t run one of those in awhile.  Or anyone with more than 4 INT.
Klagrok
Klagrok
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelu Dallas Sat May 06, 2023 10:44 am

How long does it take to Master skills with 4 INT?

Also you know you get extra attacks with high INT, yes?
Lelu Dallas
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Klagrok Sat May 06, 2023 10:52 am

Oh it takes awhile.  And yes, I know INT helps get in the extra attacks.  Some of my dummies might be lucky to have one masters by 100 fights but others have gotten 3 or more by then.  Dummies don’t need trick skills or silly ones like Lunge unless they are using a weapon that requires it.  And usually for those weapons I like at least 10 INT to start anyway.  My dummies usually have much better records than my school loving fools anyway.  Some weapons need lots of skills and some just don’t.
Klagrok
Klagrok
Pit God
Pit God

Lelu Dallas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Cam_ Sun May 07, 2023 5:32 am

Klagrok wrote:Come on CAM! I just saw you logged in! Welcome back! VIC, I would probably do the Half elf boarspear.  Haven’t run one of those in awhile.  Or anyone with more than 4 INT.

Helooooo

How you doing?

Im trying to download but getting an account locked contact admin, i have sent a PM to Vic. Any ideas/ Keeper fix?

Cam
Cam_
Cam_
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Cam_ Sun May 07, 2023 5:38 am

Horc War Fali, although i would prefer some of that int on con. May be tempted with a helf with something pointy Very Happy
Cam_
Cam_
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Sun May 07, 2023 9:32 am

Dummy weapons with a 12 int can have some short-term benefits, but in the long run, this fighter would benefit from utilizing smarter/more weapons than just a warflail.  Thus the shield (b/u skill: charge) with the stiletto (b/u skill: lunge).  Sure, this build could go javelin, but then it wouldn't be nearly as fast, which helps make up for the less than ideal stiletto dex (15 instead of 17/18).
---

Interesting that Sliv & Cam both said horc warflail, a combo I haven't had much luck with, despite it being such a classic design.
I've got a horc warflailer starting up this week on my new, replaced team, Science Friction.

I made ROFLCOPTER to counter warflail horcs, but then everyone went with the morninghammer.  Gee, I wonder why?  Twisted Evil  Looks like my counter to the stilettoeer worked!  Now the arena is littered with BEASTS and is now in position to return to the Good Old Days, with brutes wielding big weapons that do ungodly damage per hit.  Of course, then we'd have to have a rise of CS dwarves to counter that menace, but the CS Dwarves won't have their time of arena domination for another 4 or 5 years.  For now, we need to bring on the big weaponed brutes!!!

This leaves plenty of room for finesse elves to be dancing and flitting amongst the chaos.

My biggest fear is that Keeper might be doing some fiddling to try to counter the morninghammer menace, rather than relying on the players to come up with their own counter.  A top down approach, rather than an organic one, devised by the masses, could result in some lopsided, unintended results.  I've already laid out the counter: brutes with big weapons.  Let's get more longspears, battle flails, mauls, etc. in the arena, with big, strong brutes behind them.  Not that I'm lifting my nose at weak/fast/huge horcs with ordinary flails. Twisted Evil
---

P.S. Sliv, you need an avatar on Pitt.
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Cam_ Sun May 07, 2023 9:56 am

Challenge accepted, im up for some beasts with big weapons challenge. 

I must have missed the whole morningstar domination(or have forgotten about it!). I had a quick look at stats page and was surprised to see so many morningstars.
Cam_
Cam_
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Cam_ Sun May 07, 2023 9:59 am

Oh and i did think about a Manager challenge on my bud Sliv for the craic but i thought would get my butt handed to me after being away Very Happy
Cam_
Cam_
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Sun May 07, 2023 10:02 am

The arena is currently dominated by humans at the top of the ranks, with morningstars littered throughout the ranks.  I coined the term morninghammer, cuz warhammers are right up there with the MS, as far as carnage and stat requirements.

I figured a medium weight weapon would be a good counter to the light armored, fast weaponed foes that dominated the arena after the fall of the mighty CS dwarves.  I was right!  Now there's morninghammers all over the place.

Careful that you don't make your big weaponed brute's dex too low, or they will get shredded by the still existent light armored/fast weaponed foes.
---

That being said, I advise against making humans for the time being.  Just 2 or 3 months ago, I had 13 humans in my stable, the most I've ever had at one time.  Now, I'm down to 5.  (I see the horcs a comin'.  Comin' 'round the bend.)  It feels like humans have been nerfed a bit, or changed in some fashion, by a top-down Keeper attempt at fixing arena imbalance, brought upon by player choices, rather than a problem of game mechanics.  Humans seem to be having a harder time training and they are more readily picking up perms, now.  I have 10 fight humans with more perms than my 100+ fight humans of not that long ago.
---

Yeah, as a returning mgr to a tweaked game, I advise sticking to randoms for a while, until you get your legs back under you.
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Klagrok likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Cam_ Sun May 07, 2023 5:44 pm

Cheers for the advice, i will have some fun and do some experimenting.

The large elf chat is interesting i had a go back in 2014 with a size 16 dual wield elf English mustard. He had a decent record at around100 fights. I think i sent him for a monster challenge in the end
Cam_
Cam_
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Cam_ Sun May 07, 2023 5:46 pm

English Mustard record was 68-34-4 for around 100 fights
Cam_
Cam_
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelu Dallas Sun May 07, 2023 6:27 pm

RE: CAM saying : "Im trying to download but getting an account locked contact admin"?

I'm locked out of mine too and need to reinstall my OS. I have three days off and can buy some external space so thanks VIC for keeping my turns running, I should be OK soon.

In General:

I keep running CS Dwarves when the build screams it, but I like running Scythe and Quarterstaff now. Elves and Hlings can throw down.

I have NEVER successfully ran a maul user in this online version of the game. Someone tell me how?

And I don't think humans are 'nerf'd' so much as 'brought into fair balance with other races'.
Lelu Dallas
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Sun May 07, 2023 7:53 pm

I never -really- ran humans before, so just when I was really getting into them, BAM, the hammer is dropped.  Just as I was winding down my helf obsession.  So, I'm running away from humans as quickly as possible.  Back into the arms of horcs.  The Klingons of the game.  Sweet, cuddly horcs.  I have some unfinished business with them, such as what started this thread.  And I really need to get a scary warflail horc up and running.  And when I was previously obsessed with warhammer horcs, the weapon didn't punch into armor, so that's a thing.

For best results with the maul, start with 19-17 str-dex.  Then struggle with compromise throughout he rest of the build and choose the race very carefully, based on racial advantage compared to available starting stats.  You -really- want that size 14 for a horc, so if he's smaller, make him into a different race.

What I haven't run (at all, or successfully), but would like to
maul halfling
halberd helf
halberd horc
pole-axe horc
(a successful, kickarse, long-living) pole-axe helf
longspear dwarf
longspear elf
longspear halfling
pickaxe dwarf (I think I've had a couple of these over the years, but nothing remarkable)
great pick dwarf
great pick horc
great pick helf
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Klagrok Sat May 13, 2023 9:47 pm

I agree with VIC on humans getting hosed.  The perms come more easily, and the training is pitiful even with 17 CON and low fight totals.  Or the rolls are just that bad, almost every single turn… Shocked
Klagrok
Klagrok
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Sun May 14, 2023 7:27 am

It feels like Keeper made it harder to get stat raises over 20.  You can have a guy sitting with a stat triple plugged for half a year with nothing to show for it.  I'd say it is at least 4x harder now to get those higher stat raises.  Pitmas doesn't even seem to help any more.

My gladiator designs depend on hitting certain training targets around certain ages, but now everything is in limbo, as practically all my veteran gladiators are now static, and stuck with the last trains they picked up in late 2022, with one Hallelujah exception.

Training was always the first thing I'd look at when someone would ask me to evaluate how their gladiator is doing, but now that training has been thrown under the bus, along with disarm, one of my favorite aspects of the game is greatly diminished.

This drastically reduces the joy I receive from the game.

There's only so many changes that can be made to a game before it becomes a different game.

P.S. I'd rather see Keeper spend some of his tweaking time doing something else, like running a Tourney.  But even that sounds less exciting with all the recent, drastic changes that have been made to the game.

P.P.S. As my experience grew with the game, I started playing a meta-game, of sorts, seeing how I could influence and sway the entire arena.  My first success was with the stilettoeer, which brought an end to CS dwarf dominance.  Then came the morninghammer plague, as a way to change the arena, yet again, from light-armored, light weaponed fighters to medium armored, medium weaponed brutes.  Then, just as I was working on the meta-game of getting the arena to shift to heavy weapons, the whole game started morphing, melting and twisting around me, and it feels like Keeper is also playing the meta-game, which unfortunately, results in inorganic results as Keeper's bird's eye view, seems to occasionally miss the trees when looking at the forest.  I wish we could revert the game code to pre-disarm-nerfing.

P.P.P.S. Doesn't it seem like Peasants got a bit of nerfing as well?

[edit]
P.P.P.P.S. [beating a dead horse] It would be nice if challenges worked again, too.  That's another aspect of the game that's been removed.  UW just isn't the same any more without the ability to issue challenges.  So, contests are nerfed, and also manager v manager wars are nerfed.  So many aspects of the old game are gone, it is really sad.  World of Warcraft went through so many changes that it had to put out a WoW Classic version, for the many players to no longer recognized the game they had loved for years.
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Vic Vegas, Klagrok and Cam_ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Klagrok Sun May 14, 2023 12:08 pm

Well, the peasant scum did seem to win a few of the team matches, but hey, they were against, shall we say, some almost mediocre gladiators.   Very Happy They did seem to lose all but one of their randoms though.  My fight against them was pretty one sided, but I did land two crits that did 15+ damage so that probably helped.
Klagrok
Klagrok
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down