PITT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

What do you think is the best overall race in Bloodpit?

Welcome back after a long time Vote_lcap15%Welcome back after a long time Vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Welcome back after a long time Vote_lcap15%Welcome back after a long time Vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Welcome back after a long time Vote_lcap8%Welcome back after a long time Vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Welcome back after a long time Vote_lcap31%Welcome back after a long time Vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

Latest topics
» Turn Delayed
Welcome back after a long time EmptySun May 12, 2024 8:09 pm by The Keeper

» ROTUND vs GONE FISSION
Welcome back after a long time EmptySun May 12, 2024 9:00 am by Klagrok

» AI Music Abuse
Welcome back after a long time EmptyWed May 08, 2024 11:31 am by Vic Vegas

» DUX'S HALL OF RECORDS
Welcome back after a long time EmptySun May 05, 2024 7:33 pm by Vic Vegas

» UW XXIII is over!!
Welcome back after a long time EmptySun May 05, 2024 6:45 pm by Modofo

» Blood Pit Memes
Welcome back after a long time EmptyThu May 02, 2024 5:07 pm by Vic Vegas

» Where oh where has Ilneval been???
Welcome back after a long time EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 4:31 pm by Vic Vegas

» UW XXIII Week 11 Results
Welcome back after a long time EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 9:45 am by Klagrok

» ODYSSEUS Monster fight
Welcome back after a long time EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 1:23 pm by sliv

Welcome back after a long time

4 posters

Go down

Welcome back after a long time Empty Welcome back after a long time

Post  xavier380 Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:58 pm

Hello everyone,

Decided to fire up the client after a long long time. Looking forward to mixing it up on the sands of the pit.

Good to see the old familiar faces. GAPPDA represent.

xavier380
Meat
Meat

Back to top Go down

Welcome back after a long time Empty Re: Welcome back after a long time

Post  Ilneval Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:39 pm

Hey Xavier, nice to see you again man. Good Luck

Listen here Wolfchild. I speak to you of the science of mythology. I speak of malevolent deviation. The psychotronic love commandos. We shall be drunk on stars, we shall fear nothing. Demand the impossible. Dream your destiny. Defy the logic of alphabets. I've slain the King Of The Wolves! Nothing is impossible!
Ilneval
Ilneval
God of Lore
God of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post  xavier380 Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:48 pm

Ilneval wrote:Hey Xavier, nice to see you again man. Good Luck

Appreciate it! What's new out here in pittlandia?

xavier380
Meat
Meat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ilneval Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:59 pm

other than me doing well lately, nothing. The boards are dead. We need the gazzette back man....lol I really enjoyed it when you wrote that.

Listen here Wolfchild. I speak to you of the science of mythology. I speak of malevolent deviation. The psychotronic love commandos. We shall be drunk on stars, we shall fear nothing. Demand the impossible. Dream your destiny. Defy the logic of alphabets. I've slain the King Of The Wolves! Nothing is impossible!
Ilneval
Ilneval
God of Lore
God of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post  xavier380 Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:44 am

Thanks, wish I had the time to do the Gazzette. People just sort of play and the community is dead or are there the occasional flare ups? Is Smacktalk in existence in some form?

xavier380
Meat
Meat

Back to top Go down

Post  xavier380 Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:48 pm

Oh neat I see that my guide got published by someone at some point under help.

Well I don't suppose there is anything that can be done to live-en up people? How long has it been dead?

xavier380
Meat
Meat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ilneval Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:16 pm

It is difficult to get a lot of discussion since most players don't know where to find the boards. Oh, with the help of Vic, I was able to publish the help section here and over on the Smacktalk board. He is hosting the files I created. I wish there was a way to get the word out to all players where the boards are and to strike up some conversation or discussions again, but other than using it as a bloodcry like some are doing, there is no way to inform them.

Ilneval
Ilneval
God of Lore
God of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post  xavier380 Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:58 pm

Is keeper still reachable?

xavier380
Meat
Meat

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:30 pm

Hey man, welcome back! As for new stuff, I'm still beaming from my warrior LOPHOMASTIX having decimated LUKA SKYRUNNER and becoming the newest monster, filling the #1 spot. Your gladiator SHOECOBBLER fought LOPHO on turn 467.

Here's the link to Smacktalk: http://bloodpit.boardhost.com/1/

Good luck getting a hold of Keeper. Status is the same as when you left.

vV
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Dux Mortalitas Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:51 pm

Welcome back, Xavier.
With Keeper AWOL for years and no one able to contact him, it has proven quite difficult to keep the community together. The boards have moved several times and there are no links to direct people to them. Very glad to see you fire up the teams again. I am hoping you will get Eric Caine humming good again and give us another Halfling Monster!

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  xavier380 Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:18 pm

Dux Mortalitas wrote:Welcome back, Xavier.
With Keeper AWOL for years and no one able to contact him, it has proven quite difficult to keep the community together. The boards have moved several times and there are no links to direct people to them. Very glad to see you fire up the teams again. I am hoping you will get Eric Caine humming good again and give us another Halfling Monster!

Thanks Dux, fun to be back. We'll see what EC can do along those lines. I just wish we could get in touch with the Keeper and get things updated and moved along.

xavier380
Meat
Meat

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:26 pm

Be sure to check out the Hall of Records, where you make an appearance no less than five times.

https://bloodpit.forumotion.com/t29-dux-s-hall-of-records

Also, the Undefeated Warrior contest starts next week, so be sure to clear your challenges or those gladiators will be disqualified!

vV

P.S. It should be mentioned that Boar Spear dwarves are officially frowned upon and disqualified from the record books.
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  xavier380 Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:07 pm

Vic Vegas wrote:
P.S. It should be mentioned that Boar Spear dwarves are officially frowned upon and disqualified from the record books.

Why so?

And thanks for the challenge reminder, I'll clear my challenges ASAP.

xavier380
Meat
Meat

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:48 am

There seems to be quite an imbalance in the game with regards to dwarves handling boar spears. There have been a few that have raged through the ranks and I still have one myself, but he'll hopefully be off to the monsters soon.

vV
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  xavier380 Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:47 am

Vic Vegas wrote:There seems to be quite an imbalance in the game with regards to dwarves handling boar spears. There have been a few that have raged through the ranks and I still have one myself, but he'll hopefully be off to the monsters soon.

vV

It's a favored weapon for a dwarf, sure, and with the right style match-ups it is pretty brutal. and Bspear is one of the best weapons in the game given its style performances, but is it so bad that it is just considered 'off limits' for the sporting kind? Seems kind of extreme.

xavier380
Meat
Meat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dux Mortalitas Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:59 pm

the manager that was dominating with that combo was so disillusioned with the game imbalance regarding that combo, that he felt there was no value in making any other race or weapon combo. It was really that dominant. He subsequently retired saying essentially that the game no longer interested him because of the imbalance.
At the same time, many other managers were flooding to this combo. As we have experienced in the past that this sort of imbalance can result in a max-exodus from the game once the winning combo becomes, practically speaking, the only combo worth investing in.

It should be noted that no one is saying you can't make and enjoy the combo. Any warrior using that combo just won't get recorded in Dux's Hall of Records is all. Have fun making as many as you like as far as I am concerned.

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:22 pm

You left while BS dwarves were still a trickle. Now, there seems to be a bit of a resurgence of them as I've seen quite a few in the lower ranks. I would like to think I was instrumental in taking down one of the top ranked BS dwarves, EYE OF THE NEEDLE who was seemingly perm killed by TWIGGY this turn. I'm guessing it was a chest perm that did him in. Ask Burrisa how he might have received 'em. Heheheheh.

vV
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  xavier380 Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:58 pm

I guess my uber point is that since style counters is the dominant factor in winning, while I see that it was a copycat phenom that took off, an army of Elves using the right style with the right make-up could have been an interesting counter.

I have a few in my stable as it stands. I'll enjoy they game while it still runs I guess, without keeper it will just be us dancing our dance together.

Who was the disillusioned manager?

xavier380
Meat
Meat

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:23 am

Drakus. My BS dwarf THWACK (36-16-5) killed his uber BS dwarf EMERSON (44-2-5) on turn 548.

vV
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down