PITT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

What do you think is the best overall race in Bloodpit?

Oddball Contest II Notice Vote_lcap15%Oddball Contest II Notice Vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Oddball Contest II Notice Vote_lcap15%Oddball Contest II Notice Vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Oddball Contest II Notice Vote_lcap8%Oddball Contest II Notice Vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Oddball Contest II Notice Vote_lcap31%Oddball Contest II Notice Vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

Latest topics
» Where oh where has Ilneval been???
Oddball Contest II Notice EmptyToday at 1:35 am by Ilneval

» ODYSSEUS Monster fight
Oddball Contest II Notice EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 2:23 pm by sliv

» UW XXIII Week 10 Results
Oddball Contest II Notice EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 3:49 pm by Vic Vegas

» DUX'S HALL OF RECORDS
Oddball Contest II Notice EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 2:10 am by Vic Vegas

» Good Luck ODYSSEUS!
Oddball Contest II Notice EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 3:33 pm by Klagrok

» UW XXIII Week 9 Results
Oddball Contest II Notice EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 12:59 pm by Vic Vegas

» AI Music Abuse
Oddball Contest II Notice EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 10:58 am by Vic Vegas

» More fixes from the Keeper!
Oddball Contest II Notice EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 2:03 pm by Klagrok

» DALL-E mini
Oddball Contest II Notice EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 1:43 am by Vic Vegas

Oddball Contest II Notice

+6
Ripper Rob
Vic Vegas
Modofo
drachir379
The Badman
Dux Mortalitas
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Oddball Contest II Notice Empty Oddball Contest II Notice

Post  Dux Mortalitas Fri May 17, 2013 11:52 am

Hi everyone, ODDBALL is back! So monster off a few of your less-inspiring warriors and let your creative juices go wild! STARTS ON TURN 690!!!

RULES OF THE ROAD:
- Warriors of any fight number are allowed.
- Oddball warriors must be declared in post here stating the name, current record and oddball setup before turn run 689 in order to be admitted into the contest.
* For STAT-RELATED designs post a screen shot of the warrior here or email it to dukemaru@hotmail.com.
- The contest will last 20 turns and your warrior has to survive the entire contest while maintaining one of the accepted Oddball designs in order to win it.
- NO CHALLENGES

Below is a list of accepted designs so far. If you can think of other unproven "hard to believe it could work" designs, please post a message below so I can consider it and add it to the list if I feel it would be an appropriate challenge.

'S-Long' - Greatstaff user (any race EXCEPT HUMAN) I've yet to see a good one (please correct me if you have seen one that is decent)
'Swork' - Orcs with any sword, broadsword or smaller (daggers and the like as well as longsword and scimitar are included)
'Swashbuckler' - Any race using only bucklers
'Melf' - Elves and Half-elves with any mega-weapon - mauls, great pick, great axe, ball and chain, battle flail (no pole ax, halberd, longspear, GREATSWORD or PICKAX.)
'Pixie' - Elves with dual picks (any pick would be fine). Half-Elves are not allowed.
'Mighty Mouse' - Halflings with any weapon weight 7 and over (must be main weapon)
'Greats of Wrath' - Any race wielding dual "Great" anything weapons or any weight 8 or high weapons.
'ONMA' - Open handed (non-MA) fighter (any race), MUST NOT use Martial Combat. The warrior may pick up a weapon of course in the fight.
'Shield-O-Matic' - Any shield-only user (no Counter-strike)
'R.W.' - A reverse-weapon-warrior. This is using a shield primary-hand and any other weapon off-hand. You are allowed to use any style except Counterstrike.
'HOMA' - Open handed MA Half-Orc fighter (can't use any other style)
'PUDER' - Pure Defender (can't use any other style)
'Decoy-ahoy' - A pure Decoy user (no other style allowed)
'Berzerker' - A pure Total Kill warrior (can't use any armor or nor is any style other than total kill allowed)
'Hacker' - A pure SLASH warrior (no other style allowed).
'Pitch-O-Holic' - A pure Opportunity Throw warrior (must not use any other style). The warrior will pick up non-throwing weapons once out of ammo and remain on OT (which functions like Strike).
'Pint-Pitcher' - Dwarf using any throwing weapon (except boarspear) and Opportunity Throw. The warrior must throw at least 2 weapons at the start of each fight (otherwise, it's really not much of a challenge). After throwing two weapons the warrior may switch to another style and fight as usual.
'Premadonna' - Any warrior with a 20 starting pre or higher (Send me the screen shot of the warrior for verification). Send me a screen-shot of the warrior's stats prior to the start of the competition so I can confirm the warrior fits the bill.
"Poli" - A warrior whose starting strength and size are 6 or less. Must send me a screen-shot of the warrior to verify.
'Erkel' - Starting strength and dex combined must not exceed 12 (example 6 str, 6 dex). Must send me a screen-shot of the warrior to verify.
'Grey' - Starting con and size combined must not exceed 12 (example 6 con, 6 size). Must send me a screen-shot of the warrior to verify.
'Iron-Fist' - A Martial Artist running in heavy armor. A starting Dex of 9 or less is required. Any MA weapon is acceptable (open-hand, cestus, stiletto, knife, dagger, quarterstaff, net). Must run ONLY the Martial Combat style. Send me a screen-shot of the warrior's stats prior to the start of the competition so I can confirm the warrior fits the bill.
'Pisa' - Any warrior with starting strength of 5 or less and a starting size of 21 or more. Send me a screen-shot of the warrior's stats prior to the start of the competition so I can confirm the warrior fits the bill.

*if you have any ideas for a setup, please don't hesitate to post them below for my review! Thanks!
*if you have seen any of the above styles working above a 55% win/loss, please let me know, so I can exclude the style from the contest.

In the first Oddball Contest, two unproven new setups were tested and proven to work VERY effectively:
Shield-Only --> GLORIAL 17-3-2 Dwarf - Dual Tower Shields (CS)
Reverse-Weapon-Warrior --> SOJUTSUKA 16-4-0 Human - Towershield,Bladedflail (CS)

Up until this contest, the above two setups were either never tried or never done successfully, so as you can see, there is real opportunity to find golden designs during this contest that can create future opportunities for everyone later on. Let's find that next great thing!

Last edited by Dux Mortalitas on Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:57 pm; edited 16 times in total (Reason for editing : BANNING MELF GREATSWORD)

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Oddball Contest II Notice Empty Bloodcry Notice

Post  Dux Mortalitas Fri May 17, 2013 7:19 pm

Hi everyone, I have updated all my bloodcries to say the following

Minute 1
THE ODDBALL CONTEST IS BACK! CHECK IT OUT AND JOIN!

Minute 1
HTTP:BLOODPIT.FORUMOTION.COMT151-ODDBALL-CONTEST-II-NOTICE#673

If we can get a few managers to do the same, maybe over 10 turns we can alert enough managers to really get this contest populated!

Thanks!

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Oddball Contest II Notice Empty New style added

Post  Dux Mortalitas Sat May 18, 2013 12:17 pm

"Hacker" - A pure SLASH warrior (no other style allowed).

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Oddball Contest II Notice Empty Re: Oddball Contest II Notice

Post  The Badman Sat May 18, 2013 3:18 pm

I'm currently running a MElf. Half Elf using a Ball and Chain. I also recently started a reverse hourglass warrior( though that is not listed) He had Starting STR and Size of 5. I think that is an odd build though it is not an option on the list. My question would be how many warriors can we have entered?

The Badman
Meat
Meat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dux Mortalitas Sat May 18, 2013 11:52 pm

Hi Badman, thanks for taking interest in the contest!

- You can enter as many warriors as you wish.
- I and I am sure many other managers have successfully run warriors with low str and size, so it is already a proven setup. (On second thought, I don't recall running any warriors very successfully with that low a size and strength, so maybe we could make that the criteria for it (those two stats must be 6 or less at warrior creation).
- What is the name of your Melf? (you can PM me if you would like to keep it secret until the contest starts.)

Last edited by Dux Mortalitas on Sun May 19, 2013 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Reconsidering)

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Oddball Contest II Notice Empty A few new concept warriors

Post  Dux Mortalitas Sun May 19, 2013 2:19 am

"Pitch-O-Holic" - A pure Opportunity Throw warrior (must not use any other style). The warrior will pick up non-throwing weapons once out of ammo and remain on OT (which functions like Strike).
"Pint-Pitcher" - Dwarf using any throwing weapon (except boarspear) and Opportunity Throw. The warrior must throw at least 2 weapons at the start of each fight (otherwise, it's really not much of a challenge). After throwing two weapons the warrior may switch to another style and fight as usual.
"PEAR" - A warrior whose starting strength and size are 6 or less. Must send me a screen-shot of the warrior to verify.
"Tower of Pisa" - Any warrior with starting strength of 5 or less and a starting size of 21 or more.

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Dux Mortalitas Sun May 19, 2013 2:21 am

Dux Mortalitas wrote:
- I and I am sure many other managers have successfully run warriors with low str and size, so it is already a proven setup. (On second thought, I don't recall running any warriors very successfully with that low a size and strength, so maybe we could make that the criteria for it (those two stats must be 6 or less at warrior creation).

Heads up to Badman! Please send me a screen shot of your reverse hour-glass warrior "pear".

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  The Badman Sun May 19, 2013 9:06 am

Oddball Contest II Notice Pear11

The Badman
Meat
Meat

Back to top Go down

Oddball Contest II Notice Empty Found a successful S-long

Post  Dux Mortalitas Sun May 19, 2013 10:51 am

He is human and is running about a 60% record at over 50 fights.
He is the only winning Longstaff user I have seen so far.
Have any of you seen a good longstaffer of a different race?
I might make S-Long a NON-HUMAN category... I would like to draw attention to that weapon in this contest if possible...

S-Long is now on the Considering list (feedback on this one would be great):
"S-Long" - Greatstaff user (any race EXCEPT HUMAN) I've yet to see a good one (please correct me if you have seen one that is decent)

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  drachir379 Tue May 21, 2013 12:56 am

how about dual sword dwarf

drachir379
Meat
Meat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dux Mortalitas Sun May 26, 2013 12:37 pm

Adding this to the list of accepted designs because I have hardly ever this weapon in action at all.

"S-Long" - Greatstaff user (any race EXCEPT HUMAN) I've yet to see a good one (please correct me if you have seen one that is decent)

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Oddball Contest II Notice Empty Interest?

Post  Dux Mortalitas Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:21 am

Hi everyone, just wanted to find out how many managers are actually planning on participating in this contest. If there are only a few managers interested, then we'll skip it.
Please post below if you intend to participate (no need to identify your warriors at this point).
Thank you for your assistance!

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  drachir379 Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:47 pm

I'm interested

drachir379
Meat
Meat

Back to top Go down

Post  Modofo Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:17 am

I will enter a few warriors.
Modofo
Modofo
Modofo
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:11 am

I have a new rollup that qualifies for two oddball categories at once. High pre total kill only. Very Happy

I'm going to run at least one gladiator in the contest. I don't know if this rollup will live long enough to make it to be in the contest. Heheheheh.

vV
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Modofo Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:57 pm

Dux,

What about just a Ball & Chain user? Has anyone ever ran a successful one?

Modofo
Modofo
Modofo
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Dux Mortalitas Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:49 pm

As far as I know Badman and Sleazee are also planning on entering warriors (correct me if I'm wrong).
I have a few that will be joining the contest as well, so that makes six. Let's see if we can get at least 10 managers in it to make it exciting and increase the odds of coming up with some great designs.

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Dux Mortalitas Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:52 pm

drachir379 wrote:how about dual sword dwarf

That actually doesn't strike me as being all that tough, Drachir.
I have seen dwarves do well with swords, and considering swords are a very balanced weapon, using two of them wouldn't be all that tough.

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Dux Mortalitas Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:53 pm

Modofo wrote:Dux,

What about just a Ball & Chain user? Has anyone ever ran a successful one?

Modofo

Yes, Sleazee had a very good one that made it to the upper ranks with a winning record.

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  The Badman Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:57 am

Dux Mortalitas wrote:As far as I know Badman and Sleazee are also planning on entering warriors (correct me if I'm wrong).
I have a few that will be joining the contest as well, so that makes six. Let's see if we can get at least 10 managers in it to make it exciting and increase the odds of coming up with some great designs.

I plan to enter at least 2 warriors.

The Badman
Meat
Meat

Back to top Go down

Oddball Contest II Notice Empty A few new oddball ideas

Post  Dux Mortalitas Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Erkel - Starting strength and dex combined must not exceed 12 (example 6 str, 6 dex).
Grey - Starting con and size combined must not exceed 12 (example 6 con, 6 size).

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:12 pm

I can see erkel winning a few fights if his int and size are big enough.

vV
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Dux Mortalitas Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:13 pm

Yes, that would be a fun one to try. I am uncertain as to how well Erkel would do, but it would be fun to try!

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Ripper Rob Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:44 am

I will enter some warriors
Rob
Ripper Rob
Ripper Rob
Meat
Meat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleazee P Martinee Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:37 am

I plan to enter  4 or more.  Have had some designs that I've been wanting to try and this contest is the perfect excuse to try them.
Sleazee P Martinee
Sleazee P Martinee
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next