PITT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

What do you think is the best overall race in Bloodpit?

10+ stat trains Vote_lcap15%10+ stat trains Vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
10+ stat trains Vote_lcap8%10+ stat trains Vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
10+ stat trains Vote_lcap31%10+ stat trains Vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

Latest topics
» ODYSSEUS Monster fight
10+ stat trains EmptyYesterday at 2:23 pm by sliv

» UW XXIII Week 10 Results
10+ stat trains EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 3:49 pm by Vic Vegas

» DUX'S HALL OF RECORDS
10+ stat trains EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 2:10 am by Vic Vegas

» Good Luck ODYSSEUS!
10+ stat trains EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 3:33 pm by Klagrok

» UW XXIII Week 9 Results
10+ stat trains EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 12:59 pm by Vic Vegas

» AI Music Abuse
10+ stat trains EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 10:58 am by Vic Vegas

» More fixes from the Keeper!
10+ stat trains EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 2:03 pm by Klagrok

» DALL-E mini
10+ stat trains EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 1:43 am by Vic Vegas

» UW XXIII Week 8 Results
10+ stat trains EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:50 pm by Vic Vegas

10+ stat trains

3 posters

Go down

10+ stat trains Empty 10+ stat trains

Post  firebird Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:12 pm

First post: Has any one gone passed ten plus trains in a stat?  I ask for I had one of my original warriors train ten times in one stat (starting from a three and getting it all the way up to 13). Even with a 25 Con, I was unable to push it any further.  
firebird
firebird
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

10+ stat trains Empty Re: 10+ stat trains

Post  Cam_ Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:40 pm

firebird wrote:First post: Has any one gone passed ten plus trains in a stat?  I ask for I had one of my original warriors train ten times in one stat (starting from a three and getting it all the way up to 13).  Even with a 25 Con, I was unable to push it any further.  

alright matey welcome to the forum

There was chat about this on smalktalk in the summer (June), not sure if you follow it or not?

Dux wrote that Luka Skyrunner took a con from 7 to 24, crazy!

The Badman also had a comment that he had 13 trains in one stat at the time .

Im sure Dux has had 15 trains in one stat. patience is a virtue. Very Happy

Cam_
Cam_
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  firebird Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:44 pm

Thanks Cam, I appreciate your update.
firebird
firebird
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:19 pm

I seem to recall Dux saying his most stat raises was 12, from a 3 to a 15. I could be wrong. I've had a couple of guys hit 10, and many 9s.
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  firebird Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:52 am

I remember seeing a warrior in a tournament back in the early 90's who I defeated came in with a puny constitution.  the next year the same warrior fought one of my warriors again but this time with iron-like con.

In an old rule book from the game when it required a 5 1/4 floppy to install, it speaks of a warrior who started with a 3 strength.  He trained it up to a 20.  Now this is back in 1993.  Obviously, the game has changed a bit since.
firebird
firebird
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:02 am

My experimental halfling REPLACEMENT BO has trained his dex from 5 to 25, a miraculous 20 trains!  This guy has great mojo and all his other stats (except pre) were at 25 before his dex training journey began.  It took about a year and a half of nothing but dex/dex/dex slotted for it to happen.  He was already mastered up, so skills were not a concern.  Such training can only happen late in a gladiator's life, cuz otherwise they will be missing out on much needed skill/other stat trains and they must already have a 25 con.  I remember when RB was my "slow" guy.

A word of advice to those running old farts:  Don't forget to train up int as well, once you've got str/dex/con up to 25.  As per the Blood Pit Help File, int factors into how many attacks per minute your gladiator gets, so another hit or three per minute during a 25 str/dex assault can definitely shorten a fight in your gladiator's favor.

(I replied to 3 other message threads in this forum today, so don't forget to check those, too.)
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Cam_ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Cam_ Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:51 pm

Oh the patience needed to hit 25s!
Cam_
Cam_
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:18 pm

It is doable, but I've only had 2 gladiators hit 25-25-25-25-x-x. The first one is now a monster and I think my current one could be a monster, too, but I'm having too much fun running him to send him to his fate.

APPLE had a starting con of 14, but str/dex of 17/18, so they hit 25 before his con did, which was then followed by int.

REPLACEMENT BO went first with con, then str, then int, then dex.

The order doesn't matter, but I see it being a more difficult struggle with a con under 14. That won't stop me from trying! I see great benefit in statting up a gladiator after all the required skills for the weapon/race combo are mastered.
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Cam_ Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:27 am

I start off with good intentions with a triple train plugged in to hit a 25 then I get annoyed waiting and start training second tier skills like throw just to see some trains come in. Then I start tinkering and usual mess up their mojo. I also cant resist the temptation to try and get a 25 early sometimes get fixated on it to the detriment of other trains as it can make a huge difference if you can get one early in a warrior career
Cam_
Cam_
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:06 am

If you are pushing for 25s and they still have skills to learn, then you are pushing too soon, unless you've got a mutant warrior who had a really high starting stat. SoS picked up 25 con quite early in his life, but he is a mutant.

Getting too distracted pushing for a 25, and neglecting skills is a great way for your guy to die. That was the problem, ages ago, with my pocket rocket who started 21-0-0, but I kept pushing stats over skills and his record quickly faltered and then next thing you know, he's worm food. Dux laid it out quite simply for me: Too heavy a focus on stats will get yer guy killed.
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down