PITT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

What do you think is the best overall race in Bloodpit?

Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit Vote_lcap15%Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit Vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit Vote_lcap15%Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit Vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit Vote_lcap8%Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit Vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit Vote_lcap31%Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit Vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

Latest topics
» DUX'S HALL OF RECORDS
Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit EmptySun May 05, 2024 8:33 pm by Vic Vegas

» UW XXIII is over!!
Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit EmptySun May 05, 2024 7:45 pm by Modofo

» Blood Pit Memes
Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit EmptyThu May 02, 2024 6:07 pm by Vic Vegas

» Where oh where has Ilneval been???
Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 5:31 pm by Vic Vegas

» UW XXIII Week 11 Results
Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 10:45 am by Klagrok

» ODYSSEUS Monster fight
Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 2:23 pm by sliv

» UW XXIII Week 10 Results
Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 3:49 pm by Vic Vegas

» Good Luck ODYSSEUS!
Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 3:33 pm by Klagrok

» UW XXIII Week 9 Results
Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 12:59 pm by Vic Vegas

Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit

3 posters

Go down

Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit Empty Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit

Post  Cam_ Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:11 am

After some limited success with Legate( lost too much at the start) I have decided to give LS Human another go. Fought Doctor DM recently and he has a superb record for a LS Human 72 24 5. I have loosely based my new Dorest Naga on him. Starting on 16 16 13 7 5 14, how does that match up with Doctor DM starting stats? If you dont mind telling me that is!😀 cheers Pit Friend 🤪😂
Cam_
Cam_
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit Empty Re: Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit

Post  Vic Vegas Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:16 am

That's a great size for a charging warrior.  With that low int, I cannot stress enough the need to focus on the BASICS when training skills.  Weapon/defense/init/charge -- Don't go all crazy with trick skills when he's young, or he will soon be pushing up the daisies.  A couple of sweep trains or a single, higher level defensive skill train?  The choice is obvious... BASICS.  I included charge as one of the basics because of his 14 size.  If he was smaller, he could get away with avoiding charge until later in life, after he's skilled up in the basics.  APPLE NEWTON didn't start training charge until like 170 fights or something.  He was definitely starting to sprout some gray hairs before he mastered that skill area.  Though, APPLE was only size 3, so that's a bit of an extreme example.

I've got a dumb dumb trident horc with a starting 6 int.  He's not at DD-W levels (yet!) but he's currently a respectable 58-22-2.  He's got some of the same issues as a long spear user... weapons that have a lot of supporting skills.  I can see him going 14-2-3 and catching up to DD-W.  Any volunteers for slaughter?  He seems to have a thing for killing helves.

I've been thinking about a LS human as well.  I've never run one.  I've stuck to helves or a singleton horc when it comes to long spears, not that I've run very many of them.  KRONK is my eldest LS user.  My previous record was only 74 fights.

74 - SUN SCREAMER      50-24-6 (T808) [long spear horc]
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit Empty Re: Hey Modofo. Let's chat Doctor Dim-wit

Post  Modofo Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:33 pm

DDW's starting stats were 16-16-16-5-4-14. He was designed with the idea of having a good chance to get triple 25's (ST-DX-CO) on a size 14 warrior, so that's why I chose to keep those 3 stats equidistant from 25.

He began using a military pick as he trained up a few stats, and started out with a promising 1-0-1. He used the military pick until his stats were 19-19-19-8-4-14 after 8 fights and a record of 3-5-1. He probably had one foot in the monster arena at that point, but everything changed when I handed him a long spear. In his next 18 fights, he went 18-0-1 and almost won the UW contest.

He also went from 43-17-4 to 63-17-5 (20-0-1) and once again fell just short of the UW contest (second place both times).

He is my only significant experience with the long spear and I am definitely impressed. I can't believe I haven't started another warrior with one.

Cheers! And good luck with your build. jocolor
Modofo
Modofo
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:02 am

My pickaxe horc RATCHET and boarspear halfling TWITCHER started with str/dex/con of 16-16-16.  Those are fun numbers to play with!!!  They both did phenomenal jobs during their arena tenures.  Though, in today's pit, I prefer 17-17-14.   Twisted Evil

Ugh, mil pick.  I've never had a successful pick user, other than RATCHET.  I guess that's one of the many challenges I have queued up.  A dwarf or human mil pick user.  This should probably be bumped ahead of my desire to run a bastard sword gladiator, as I've already had much success with the blade family of weapons.

Modofo, if yer gonna try the LS again, try it with a helf.  Oh, it is so sweet in their hands, probably because they do so well with big weapons.   cheers
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Modofo Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:58 pm

I think my next long spear user will be a dwarf. I have a plan, and you know what they say about the best laid plans. lol
Modofo
Modofo
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:05 pm

Have fun with that rabbit hole.  Don't say I didn't try to warn you.  I suppose you have grand designs for a great axe halfling?  Jes' sayin'....

Cam... for best results, run you longspear human naked with TK9 for Always. No other triggers are needed. Trust me.
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Cam_ Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:11 am

Thanks for the input lads, gives me plenty to think about. He won the first fight but his lunge hits were not great. I had con, LS and charge plugged in. Got one measly Con train. Gonna try get a strength train And leave LS and Charge plugged.
Cam_
Cam_
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down