PITT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

What do you think is the best overall race in Bloodpit?

The Bloodpit community Vote_lcap15%The Bloodpit community Vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
The Bloodpit community Vote_lcap8%The Bloodpit community Vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
The Bloodpit community Vote_lcap31%The Bloodpit community Vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

Latest topics
» ODYSSEUS Monster fight
The Bloodpit community EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 2:23 pm by sliv

» UW XXIII Week 10 Results
The Bloodpit community EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 3:49 pm by Vic Vegas

» DUX'S HALL OF RECORDS
The Bloodpit community EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 2:10 am by Vic Vegas

» Good Luck ODYSSEUS!
The Bloodpit community EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 3:33 pm by Klagrok

» UW XXIII Week 9 Results
The Bloodpit community EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 12:59 pm by Vic Vegas

» AI Music Abuse
The Bloodpit community EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 10:58 am by Vic Vegas

» More fixes from the Keeper!
The Bloodpit community EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 2:03 pm by Klagrok

» DALL-E mini
The Bloodpit community EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 1:43 am by Vic Vegas

» UW XXIII Week 8 Results
The Bloodpit community EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:50 pm by Vic Vegas

The Bloodpit community

5 posters

Go down

The Bloodpit community Empty The Bloodpit community

Post  Ilneval Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:30 am

What can we do to revive the Bloodpit community? I am looking for ideas that will spark, or re-spark interest in the other aspect of this great game. We used to have a very thriving community back in the day when Nemesis had the boards. I just want some ideas of things we can do to help spread the word about the Smacktalk board and the Forum, as well as driving active participation on the forum. I remember we used to have designated chat nights, and while I don't know if that would work very well, it could be an option. We could also make more polls for people to vote on. I was thinking of trying to revive something for the Hall of Fame as well. Let's hear the ideas and see what we can do to breathe some life back into the Bloodpit boards.

Listen here Wolfchild. I speak to you of the science of mythology. I speak of malevolent deviation. The psychotronic love commandos. We shall be drunk on stars, we shall fear nothing. Demand the impossible. Dream your destiny. Defy the logic of alphabets. I've slain the King Of The Wolves! Nothing is impossible!
Ilneval
Ilneval
God of Lore
God of Lore

Back to top Go down

The Bloodpit community Empty Re: The Bloodpit community

Post  Lelu Dallas Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:53 am

Could talk it up in D&D forums. Those type of geeks might enjoy it. We're those kind of geeks, yeah?
Lelu Dallas
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

The Warlord likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hitman Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:08 pm

I've loved this game since the first time I played it some 31 or 32 years ago... Granted I've gone by a few names over the years but keep losing log-ins and such and go by Wardancer in the game now but can't recall what email I use. I went by HERO in between the two... Anyway, getting back to the main question, the game needs an overhaul but one that doesn't destroy the foundation of the game. I have tons of ideas that could make this game appealing to a wider range of people but it would definitely take some time to do.

1) You could go to various forums and promote the game which may either bring in some fresh people and/or spark a memory of someone who played this game long ago... But what is going to keep them here?

2) Quarterly tourneys again, plus rewards. Those were always fun and it gave us a little more pit.

3) Update the game. I don't know who is actually running Bloodpit now but I know there was talk years ago about adding the stuff JT had added to arena 2 back in the day: skeletons, ogres, vampires, etc. I had heard the code or something was screwed up... Plus, if anyone remembers when JT ran that weekend convention in Vancouver, WA in 1992 he talked about wearing differing armor on different body parts if so desired along with other stuff... There are countless more ways to update the game that would draw in way more people but still maintain it's integrity.

Maybe these aren't quite what you're looking for but I would love to see this game thrive.

The Hitman
Meat
Meat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ilneval Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:26 pm

I agree, those are some great suggestions, and I could certainly try to promote the game on other forums. I guess what I was probably driving at was how can we make the forums a better, more active place. I remember the days when you could come to the PITT forum and there were multiple posts daily. There were suggestions, write-ups/Warrior profiles. There was a lot more "role playing" in those days. I would like to see us return to that type of community.

BTW, I remember a guy called Hero on here. His name was Ray I believe. Is that you?

Listen here Wolfchild. I speak to you of the science of mythology. I speak of malevolent deviation. The psychotronic love commandos. We shall be drunk on stars, we shall fear nothing. Demand the impossible. Dream your destiny. Defy the logic of alphabets. I've slain the King Of The Wolves! Nothing is impossible!
Ilneval
Ilneval
God of Lore
God of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hitman Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:31 pm

Yep, that's me. Smile

The Hitman
Meat
Meat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ilneval Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:34 pm

Welcome back man!!! It's been a long time

Ilneval
Ilneval
God of Lore
God of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelu Dallas Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:38 pm

I don't think any of us are gonna get any major (or even minor) overhaul done on the code.

KEEPER tinkers with it from time to time, but is not exactly taking requests from what I see.
Lelu Dallas
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelu Dallas Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:41 pm

KEEPER owns the code and is who we all depend on for free Bloodpit once a week. It is a hobby/work of passion maybe but I don't think anyone else is privy to the code and KEEPER generally likes his privacy. From what I understand.
Lelu Dallas
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hitman Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:06 pm

LoL @ the free comment... Granted, I do appreciate the free game but back in '89 I got my first job so I could have money to play more teams in more areans... Seriously, I went to work so I could play Bloodpit.

I currently play the game under Wardancer... I lost all my old logins and had to start over but I've been player for a few years under my current name.

The Hitman
Meat
Meat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelu Dallas Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:15 pm

I used to play in the early 90s as well. I paid like 5.25 a week to mail my turn in. But I have been running on the modern incarnation for 5 1/2 years as REBECCA BUCK, then LELU DALLAS.

I'd love to see certain tweeks occur still but at least KEEPER fixed most of the Boarspear Dwarf glitch.

In the last two years I have shown that Hlings do better than Dwarfs with Boarspear in the modern arena.

Lelu Dallas
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hitman Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:42 pm

That's good... All I've shown is I suck more than most. LoL.

The Hitman
Meat
Meat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelu Dallas Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:49 pm

Other than the dangers of BS Hlings I've also been exploring the SIZ/Charge combo. Add High Dex and a Javelin and it becomes pretty dangerous.
Lelu Dallas
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hitman Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:56 pm

All I know is I can make your gladiators look good! LoL

So much has changed over the years and I haven't taken the time to really figure out what works... I seem to have figured out what does work and I keep sticking with that. LoL... If it's broke why fix it!

The Hitman
Meat
Meat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelu Dallas Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:03 pm

My Glads need target practice so thanks for coming back! Very Happy
Lelu Dallas
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Dux Mortalitas Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:43 am

Great to see you Ray and Warlord. One thing to consider is that when Nemesis ran the boards, Keeper had a link directed to the boards on bloodpit.net. Last I checked, years ago, that link was never updated to these boards. I wonder if the link has been updated yet. At least if it were updated, potential new players could find this site.

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Dux Mortalitas Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:46 am

Dux Mortalitas wrote:Great to see you Ray and Warlord. One thing to consider is that when Nemesis ran the boards, Keeper had a link directed to the boards on bloodpit.net. Last I checked, years ago, that link was never updated to these boards. I wonder if the link has been updated yet. At least if it were updated, potential new players could find this site.

I just checked the links in bloodpit.net. They are still dead-ends. I know I contacted Keeper about those links when Nem went offline, but I never heard back from Keeper. I no longer know how to contact him. I wonder if anyone else could email him with the new links...

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelu Dallas Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:16 am

Last I knew VIC had an email for KEEPER. But as I've been saying, KEEPER seems to want to devote time to BP at his pace/leisure.

Lelu Dallas
Lelu Dallas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Ilneval Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:19 am

Dux Mortalitas wrote: I just checked the links in bloodpit.net. They are still dead-ends. I know I contacted Keeper about those links when Nem went offline, but I never heard back from Keeper. I no longer know how to contact him. I wonder if anyone else could email him with the new links...

Yeah, I have done that before, back when he was willing to answer e-mails. I don't have a current email for him either, Best I can do at this point is to change my bloodcries to the web addresses and hope people actually read them.

Ilneval
Ilneval
God of Lore
God of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:24 am

Dux Mortalitas wrote:
Dux Mortalitas wrote:Great to see you Ray and Warlord. One thing to consider is that when Nemesis ran the boards, Keeper had a link directed to the boards on bloodpit.net. Last I checked, years ago, that link was never updated to these boards. I wonder if the link has been updated yet. At least if it were updated, potential new players could find this site.

I just checked the links in bloodpit.net. They are still dead-ends. I know I contacted Keeper about those links when Nem went offline, but I never heard back from Keeper. I no longer know how to contact him. I wonder if anyone else could email him with the new links...

In various and random msgs to Keeper over the years I have mentioned the Pitt and Smacktalk links, and while he has responded to other points brought up in the email, nothing has yet to happen with the links.

I recommend adding blood cries to your gladiators that say something like:

TALK TO OTHER PLAYERS: BLOODPIT.FORUMOTION.COM AND BLOODPIT.BOARDHOST.COM
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down