PITT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

What do you think is the best overall race in Bloodpit?

Twiggy: the short and sweet Vote_lcap15%Twiggy: the short and sweet Vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Twiggy: the short and sweet Vote_lcap15%Twiggy: the short and sweet Vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Twiggy: the short and sweet Vote_lcap8%Twiggy: the short and sweet Vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Twiggy: the short and sweet Vote_lcap31%Twiggy: the short and sweet Vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

Latest topics
» Where oh where has Ilneval been???
Twiggy: the short and sweet EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 5:31 pm by Vic Vegas

» UW XXIII Week 11 Results
Twiggy: the short and sweet EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 10:45 am by Klagrok

» ODYSSEUS Monster fight
Twiggy: the short and sweet EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 2:23 pm by sliv

» UW XXIII Week 10 Results
Twiggy: the short and sweet EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 3:49 pm by Vic Vegas

» DUX'S HALL OF RECORDS
Twiggy: the short and sweet EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 2:10 am by Vic Vegas

» Good Luck ODYSSEUS!
Twiggy: the short and sweet EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 3:33 pm by Klagrok

» UW XXIII Week 9 Results
Twiggy: the short and sweet EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 12:59 pm by Vic Vegas

» AI Music Abuse
Twiggy: the short and sweet EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 10:58 am by Vic Vegas

» More fixes from the Keeper!
Twiggy: the short and sweet EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 2:03 pm by Klagrok

Twiggy: the short and sweet

5 posters

Go down

Twiggy: the short and sweet Empty Twiggy: the short and sweet

Post  Fusion Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:21 pm

Twiggy was a fast, tiny, pokey little halfling who died of an Abdomen perm at 154-85-5. She was 23(13)-25(19)-24(14)-25(19)-11(3)-3, mastered in Javelin, and all non weapon skills except sweep.
I was tinkering with javelin a lot when I made her, still am, really, and was mainly wondering if a high dex could make it hit hard with such small size and fairly moderate strength. She did hit fairly hard, especially later in her career, when she got her strength up high.
She was always fun, but I'm certain she would have hit harder, sooner with more size or strength to start, rather than such a high intelligence, but it started at 19, and fast skill trains didn't hurt her survival in the early days Smile
She also helped prove, along with a bunch of other midgets around her age, that tiny size doesn't have to mean a short career, which had been the common wisdom for a long time. Long live the shorties!

Fusion
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Twiggy: the short and sweet Empty Re: Twiggy: the short and sweet

Post  Dux Mortalitas Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:17 pm

It's interesting that in the early days of the game, people tended to make very small sized warriors and had a lot of success early on with them because they could have high other stats and still hit hard due to mastering the weapon quickly. But the midgets tended to die too easily and so it became something that was risky. Similarly, very large warriors usually didn't last long because they tend to be very difficult to run just because so many other stats suffer due to the points in size and also the minus to dex that size creates.

I love that you have shown that the tiny guys can get to the top of the game and excel!
Great work, Fusion!

Dux Mortalitas
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:57 am

This gives me hope for APPLE NEWTON, who with his size 3 I thought would be dead around 50 fights, but at 168 fights he's still goin' strong.

My stables only faced TWIGGY 8 times, from turns 609 to 662.  The first fight, I thought would be a cakewalk, against my enforcer FRISCA, but TWIGGY danced around those mighty boar spear shots and took the victory.  She made quick work of my loser broadsword halfling YFFRIL (named after a World of Warcraft gnome warlock of mine) and then faced my quarterstaff helf DISSERTATION (I'm not trying that weapon/race combo again) to twice take the sack of sheckels.

Not until turn 644, my stable's fifth encounter, did things get exciting, and it was from my elf CARLIA, who gave also gave TWIGGY's little friend NESSIE trouble.

MINUTE 1
A great storm announces the battle's start
* CARLIA switches to strategy 6
* TWIGGY switches to strategy 6
TWIGGY steals an attack from CARLIA!
TWIGGY quickly balances her javelin and throws!
The attack launches toward CARLIA's abdomen
  Blood sprays in the wake of the blow!
CARLIA's stomach aches from the effects of an old wound
TWIGGY switches her backup javelin to her primary hand!
* CARLIA switches to strategy 5
TWIGGY quickly balances her javelin and throws!
TWIGGY's javelin flies way wide, sparing her foe!
TWIGGY switches her javelin to her primary hand
* TWIGGY switches to strategy 5
CARLIA lunges skillfully forward
CARLIA tries to disarm TWIGGY's javelin with her short sword
TWIGGY's javelin is knocked from her grasp!
* CARLIA switches to strategy 2
* TWIGGY switches to strategy 6
TWIGGY scoops up a javelin from the ground.
* CARLIA switches to strategy 5
* TWIGGY switches to strategy 5

Notice the difference between TWIGGY and NESSIE's reactions when completely disarmed?  That genius int led TWIGGY to snatch up the right weapon immediately!

Their next encounter saw TWIGGY winning in true TWIGGY form... very quickly.  Two turns later it was my poor quarterstaff helf who had to face the pint-sized terror.  TWIGGY's last encounter was against my final, living enforcer BLOC KA BLOCKA, and she made quick work of him.  That lightning speed and genius intellect were just too much for my slow dwarf.  A few more CARLIA v TWIGGY bouts would have made for some fun reads, but it was not meant to be.

Swor... er, javelins high, to a gladiator that beat my warriors 7 out of 8 times!

vV
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Fusion Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:33 pm

Dux Mortalitas wrote:It's interesting that in the early days of the game, people tended to make very small sized warriors and had a lot of success early on with them because they could have high other stats and still hit hard due to mastering the weapon quickly. But the midgets tended to die too easily and so it became something that was risky. Similarly, very large warriors usually didn't last long because they tend to be very difficult to run just because so many other stats suffer due to the points in size and also the minus to dex that size creates.

I love that you have shown that the tiny guys can get to the top of the game and excel!
Great work, Fusion!

Thanks, but don't give me too much credit Smile I think Frank's Player Two and Aroma the Unsavory both did more than either of my midgets. Damn dwarves. Speaking of which, I have 2 size 25 guys right now and made them both dwarves cause, you know, they better be able to parry somthing Razz

Fusion
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:17 pm

Frank The Tank's Player Two was in my inspiration for APPLE NEWTON, as his gladiator kept whooping up on mine.

vV
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Twiggy: the short and sweet Empty Twiggy

Post  Cam_ Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:33 pm

bounce Halflings rock
Cam_
Cam_
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  sliv Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:35 pm

Cam are you drunk? Razz
sliv
sliv
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Cam_ Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:37 pm

Yes, you just handed me a beer lol! lol!
Cam_
Cam_
Pitt Lord
Pitt Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down