PITT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

What do you think is the best overall race in Bloodpit?

Time for another Public Gladiator? Vote_lcap15%Time for another Public Gladiator? Vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Time for another Public Gladiator? Vote_lcap15%Time for another Public Gladiator? Vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Time for another Public Gladiator? Vote_lcap8%Time for another Public Gladiator? Vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Time for another Public Gladiator? Vote_lcap31%Time for another Public Gladiator? Vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

Latest topics
» UW XXIII Week 11 Results
Time for another Public Gladiator? EmptyToday at 10:45 am by Klagrok

» Where oh where has Ilneval been???
Time for another Public Gladiator? EmptyToday at 9:21 am by Klagrok

» ODYSSEUS Monster fight
Time for another Public Gladiator? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 2:23 pm by sliv

» UW XXIII Week 10 Results
Time for another Public Gladiator? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 3:49 pm by Vic Vegas

» DUX'S HALL OF RECORDS
Time for another Public Gladiator? EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 2:10 am by Vic Vegas

» Good Luck ODYSSEUS!
Time for another Public Gladiator? EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 3:33 pm by Klagrok

» UW XXIII Week 9 Results
Time for another Public Gladiator? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 12:59 pm by Vic Vegas

» AI Music Abuse
Time for another Public Gladiator? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 10:58 am by Vic Vegas

» More fixes from the Keeper!
Time for another Public Gladiator? EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 2:03 pm by Klagrok

Time for another Public Gladiator?

4 posters

Go down

Time for another Public Gladiator? Empty Time for another Public Gladiator?

Post  Vic Vegas Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:00 am

I've been feeling the urge to get another Gladiatore Plebibus up and running, with fights posted on Smacktalk. I want to do some experimentation with a few different weapons, and I think we can all benefit from the knowledge gained. What do you guys think? Is it time for GLADIATORE PLEBIBUS 6 to be born?
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Time for another Public Gladiator? Empty Re: Time for another Public Gladiator?

Post  Sleazee P Martinee Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:59 am

How about weapons that you hardly ever seen used like the Great Staff or some other oddball weapon.
Sleazee P Martinee
Sleazee P Martinee
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:06 am

The public gladiators have run through some of the shiatty weapons, like net and great staff... but since the tweaks to net, I'm very tempted to revisit that weapon and try a big variety of styles with it.  Bash with a net?  Yeah, that's the type of stupid thing a public gladiator will do sometimes.

Public Control - Gladiator Of The People
GLADITORE POPULO          11-21-0 (T422) [javelin halfling] -=monstered=-
GLADITORE POPULO II       18-24-0 (T473) [net helf]
GLADITORE POPULO III      24-13-1 (T510) [great staff human]
GLADIATORE POPULO IV     35-27-0 (T573) [longsword halfling]
GLADIATORE POPULO V      13-3-1  (T592) [halberd horc] -=13-1-1 without elbow drops=-
GLADIATORE POPULO VI     31-20-0 (T646) [warhammer dwarf]
GLADIATOREPOPULO VII     59-16-3 (T22) [javelin/target shield dwarf]

Public Display - Gladiator For The People
GLADIATORE PLEBIBUS       28-12-2 (T602) [small pick/target shield human]
GLADIATORE PLEBIBUS2     42-21-2 (T666) [pole-axe helf]
GLADIATORE PLEBIBUS3     30-21-0 (T718) [scythe elf] -=monstered=-
GLADIATORE PLEBIBUS4     3-2-0    (T723) [dual dagger helf] -=team replaced=-
GLADIATORE PLEBIBUS5     32-22-0 (T853) [dual stiletto elf]

That halberd horc was SO FUN!  His success was from a lot of people contributing ideas.  He was the first serious GLADIATORE POPULO, where the first ones seemed to have a bit of trolling mixed in with the advice/votes.  Okay, the great staff human also had a lot of serious input, as the weapon had just been introduced. Back when Pitt and the game were much more active.
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:05 pm

Welp, I have a rollup that doesn't exactly excite me but it is totally workable.  I think this is a good candidate for GLADIATORE PLEBIBUS6 with fights posted on Smacktalk.  http://bloodpit.boardhost.com/5/

5-9-13-11-9-8
12-16-14-11-9-9 net human?

I wish I could make her 14-16-14-9-9-9 but that's life in the Pit.

I know it is tempting to go halfling with the net, but I would like to see it in the hands of a blank slate human for an unbiased weapon sample.

We can all witness her run through a variety of fighting styles with the net and witness the awesome entanglements.

Or, GLADIATOREPOPULOVIII could be born and we could all contribute to her cycling through fighting styles, training decisions, armor, activity, etc.

Since, uh, only Sleazee has responded thus far, I think the PLEBIBUS route might be most prudent, unless y'all want to eavesdrop on Sleazee and I scratching our heads about this here net thing.
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Modofo Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:14 pm

I will try and contribute if you post here. I have some thoughts about the net. I think all of my net users have died relatively young though.

Most of the ideas that float around in my head involve the net with another weapon, either in the main or off-hand; or a martial combat net.

My experience with the net has been that high-dex (or speed/activity maybe) gladiators escape it very quickly. On the contrary, very slow and low dex gladiators can take quite a while to get out. This could make it a good counter to the many slower half-orc pounders that are growing (and having great success) in the arena. It might be interesting to see how those match-ups go, although I don't hold much hope. Unfortunately, I also think this makes the net a very poor 100+ weapon choice when everyone has high dex/speed.

Here are some questions I would like to pursue:

1) When a net has someone entangled, does its attack rate reduce? Or is it just a special attack that entangles someone and has no impact on attack speed, damage, etc of the net.
2) If we get any trips-tosses-knock-downs, I'd like to see if an entangled opponent can stand while entangled. (I can't remember if I've ever seen this)

I'm sure I'll think of more questions.
Modofo
Modofo
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Modofo Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:21 pm

On the roll-up, I'd probably go 12-15-13-11-9-11 for this trial. Large size humans can hang in a battle a long time and would allow us to see more action I think. A few stat trains could get us to 17-19-17-14-9-11 pretty quickly which looks nice to me. Just a thought.
Modofo
Modofo
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:51 pm

I think for the purposes of this experiment, she'll only be using a net.  When it comes time to experiment with the martial style she can try having open hand for primary with the net in her off-hand.  Oh, but then she'd need some open-hand trains.  So much for that plan! Hmmm... if she's young enough, it won't really matter, so she can always try it out the gate and we can see what it looks like when nobody has any skills.
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:25 pm

Modofo wrote:On the roll-up, I'd probably go 12-15-13-11-9-11 for this trial. Large size humans can hang in a battle a long time and would allow us to see more action I think. A few stat trains could get us to 17-19-17-14-9-11 pretty quickly which looks nice to me. Just a thought.

I'm feeling pretty firm about the 16 dex, as when I get my own net user up and running, he'll have a 17 dex to be sure, so I'd like this dex to be as close to 17 as possible out the gate.

Not to mention my luck with my 9-9 pre-size ladies.

FLAVOR OF PAIN           32-18-2 (turn 824) [stiletto elf]
FINISHER                     32-18-2 (turn 970) [human]

FINISHER                      70-30-3 (turn 1020) [human]
FLAVOR OF PAIN            64-36-4 (turn 874) [stiletto elf]

I always found it fascinating that FoP went 32-18-2 twice in a row.  She farked it up for 150, going 35-15-0.

If we run with the setup I suggested, it is pretty much a guaranteed 32-18-2 start.  clown
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:45 am

http://bloodpit.boardhost.com/msg/1604225857/?

GLADIATORE PLEBIBUS 6's first fight!
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Modofo Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:45 am

She was pretty much getting owned until the switch to strike. After that, she had some nice hits...dull crunch, nasty wound, soft squish...and ruled the fight! Of course her opponent was grossly thin in leather.  jocolor

We'll know more once she matches with average size and proper armor. Maybe keep the same strats (or minimal tweaks) and hope for a bigger opponent for comparison sake?
Modofo
Modofo
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleazee P Martinee Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:26 pm

I'd forget about the Martial Combat until they have gotten some skills under their belt.

I'd start off with Total Kill and go to Strike in Medium Damage and go to WoS when taken Heavy Damage.
Sleazee P Martinee
Sleazee P Martinee
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:27 am

Martial is taken out of rotation and WoS has more time to shine.

After a str bump to 14 I wouldn't mind trying some dual wield experiments. Though, 17 str would be even better to offset the damage reduction from switching from two-handed net use to dual wield.
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Klagrok Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:45 pm

Dang! Looks like I came back at just the right time!
Klagrok
Klagrok
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:03 pm

Welcome back, Klag!

I'll get gPleb6's fight posted soon. I had him try opening with strike, and boy am I glad I did!!!
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Modofo Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:49 am

Welcome back Klagrok! And a nice turn on the sands!

I have been wondering what you were up to. Klagrok introduced me to Bloodpit many years ago! I think we met in a game called Spartacus if my memory serves me well.
Modofo
Modofo
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Klagrok Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:23 am

Hey John! I was surprised myself by my turn as I barely got it in on time and could only make two quick new gladiators. Yes it was Spartacus from way back when we faced across the sands for the first time.
Klagrok
Klagrok
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic Vegas Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:26 pm

Get a room, you two! The icky love fest... ugh. clown
Vic Vegas
Vic Vegas
Pit God
Pit God

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down